Julia TS #10 (Berkay)

 Julia TS #10 (Berkay) 

Date/Time: Monday, February 23rd, 2026, 5-6 pm 

Location: Virtual (Zoom) 


Topic/Skill: Geology Class Group Working/Speaking


Feedback Provided to the Tutee: In this session, Berkay worked through an integrated speaking question from the TOEFL exam, where you read a passage, listen to a conversation, and then answer a verbal prompt. I gave Berkay feedback on how we can take notes while listening to the conversation and make connections to the written passage. We also discussed how the sample answer organized its response and simpler methods for structuring his response. 


Lesson(s) About Tutoring and/or the Tutee: I learned how important active listening strategies are not only for success on the TOEFL exam but for understanding in general. I also learned how hard it is to critique, score, and give feedback on spoken diagnostics, which underscored the importance of using a rubric when judging student samples and that it is especially useful for speaking samples. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Melina CO #1 = Grammar with Prof. James

Dojun Kim TS #7

Emma Baker TS #12 (Yerlan)