Julia TS #12 (Berkay)

Julia TS #12 (Berkay) 

Date/Time: Thursday, March 12th, 2026, 5-6 pm 

Location: Virtual (Zoom) 


Topic/Skill: Social Media Influencers and Consumer Behavior/Writing


Feedback Provided to the Tutee: In this session, Berkay received his TOEFL scores and was surprised by his low writing score, as he thought this would be his highest section. Therefore, we broke down the writing section into sections, identified the section Berkay had the most trouble with, and I chose several example questions in a similar format for us to work through. We focused on breaking down what the question is asking and using answer stems like “While I agree with ___’s opinion that _____, I think ______” when comparing opposing points of view or stating your opinion. 


Lesson(s) About Tutoring and/or the Tutee: I learned the importance of conducting your own diagnostics, as students don’t always know their true strengths and weaknesses. I was also reminded of the importance of conducting comprehension checks throughout the lesson, as a fundamental misunderstanding in the prompt prevented Berkay from fully answering the question to the best of his ability. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Melina CO #1 = Grammar with Prof. James

Dojun Kim TS #7

Emma Baker TS #12 (Yerlan)