Julia TS #9 (Berkay)

 Julia TS #9 (Berkay)

Date/Time: Monday February 16th, 2026 5-6 pm 


Location: Virtual (Zoom) 


Topic/Skill: Academic Interview-Style on Productivity / Speaking


Feedback Provided to the Tutee: During the session, Berkay and I worked on a TOEFL speaking prompt and first dissected it for what it was asking. Once we discussed the topic and I ensured that Berkay understood the prompt's subject, I recorded him speaking for the allotted time. We then listened back to the recording to analyze it for pacing, filler words, and any awkward phrasing. 


Lesson(s) About Tutoring and/or the Tutee: I realized how important but difficult adequate error correction is. While it is necessary to motivate students to prioritize substance over form, I felt uncomfortable pointing out grammatical errors as Berkay was speaking, especially for a test that scrutinizes all errors. I am learning more about the balance between creating an encouraging environment and correcting errors and doing my job in preparing my tutee for this exam. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Melina CO #1 = Grammar with Prof. James

Dojun Kim TS #7

Emma Baker TS #12 (Yerlan)